Where do I go from here?
With the completion of my degree projects, my focus for the upcoming summer moves towards furthering my development in compositions, turns itself towards creating ambient, experimental tracks made specifically in response to the original Silent Hill – I want to replicate the same distress that the composer causes in listeners.
First attempt… Misery’s Corpus:
Second attempt… Harmony’s Lullably:
Afraid I haven’t settled down just yet for the last bit of the weekend, so I decided, what else but to make another composition!
Where’s this coming from?
The final track, intended for my project A New Colour of Sound, is a remarkable, non-linear track (that takes from outside of my standard system) that combines two practices, the original sampling practice of Heart Without Art and the gesture-driven practice of Vibration Defines Space, to bring together, All That Consumes – taking a hint of instrumental from my second year of study and a lesser-known practice that came through VDS, but isn’t employed alongside in any current project. That being said, we’ll move onto the second point.
Where from here?
As with the closure of the project and its upcoming preparation for exhibition at the University of Huddersfield, Contemporary Arts degree show, during the summer whilst working, I will continue to work on compositions – moreover, integrating the forementioned system, which employs a more systematic approach – by attaching numerical values to letters, this extends what can be done, if I was to work with pads instead of a keyboard (or in some cases, mixing the two!)
All That Consumes?
“Tempo, tempo, still this beating heart, let it bleed and infuse with it, the spark.”
It is with great news that I am releasing the Heart Without Art project for download today; the works included, are as follows: A Beautiful Lie, Broken Reflection, Chaos To An End, Eclipse of the Mind, Empty Hopelessness and Monumental Rest, all of which are available from Bandcamp, as a full project (album) download for just £2, which goes towards materials for more compositions, future merchandise and other developments.
Heart Without Art, will have a day in the end of year exhibition (for Contemporary Arts undergraduates at the University of Huddersfield) in the little space, that is currently being decorated accordingly for music, sound and performance. The exhibition dates lie between the 13th to the 20th, so when I have a solid date, I will inform you the public of this via my blog or if you have my Facebook page, then I will be in touch through there.
I have thoroughly enjoyed having the chance to revisit the project and prepare it for public release; as it was my first project dealing with sound, it wasn’t treated with the same due respect as one of my latest works, Vibration Defines Space. I hope that with this release, this will be rectified and I hope you as the listener will enjoy the changes made.
The IF project, now features the completed compositions of those who submitted under the category of ‘I Dream That’, featuring such notions as Death, Demon, Dimension, Freedom, Gender, Heart, Human, Nearer and Heart. These names are all given respectively of what you submitted – but for those of you requiring enlightenment, below I have released the sentences (with no names to protect those who submitted):
- I dream that one day I’ll live in a world where gender is not restricted to two genders, and that those who identify within the grey are considered legitimate. (Gender)
- I dream that one day I will be able to live like everyone else. That I will be free of my demons and know what it means to be truly alive. (Demon)
- I dream that as I grow older I let my heart grow larger and my compassion stronger (Heart)
- I dream that we will meet in death. (Death)
- I dream that throughout most of the world no-one eats animals, nor animal products. (Freedom)
- I dream that the universe is a spiral bending back on itself continually. Not a cycle like people tell us. The sun rises and sets, but when it rises again we are all a little changed, even the sun has its age. The wave returns, but returns always as a different wave. (Universe)
- I dream that that everything I want is nearer (Nearer)
- I dream that humanity will prevent the absorption of more plasma in our severely abused mother earth (Human)
- I dream that we are connected to a shadow world by one dimensional lines. (Dimension)
These are respectively linked to their file names under A Dream (****), at:
As I received the majority under dream, the second two are lesser in amounts received, so I will be compiling all these compositions under a single series, that feature next to other works for the exhibition in June, of which more details will be released nearer to the time.